Sunday, October 25, 2009

Little Paper Boxes

I was extremely bored last night and really wanted to make something. I searched some crafts to do with just paper and ran across an article about making paper boxes. I read a few lines and decided that I could do that. I took some scrapbooking paper and started folding. Once I got started, I couldn't stop. I made at least ten and added my own special touches. They are so fun and simple to do and great for gift wrapping. Get started making your own!
1. You need to start with a piece of thin card stock cut into a perfect square. Size doesn't really matter, I used 8"x8" to make these.
2. We will start with making a folded grid system. Fold the paper in half diagonally both directions. Be precise and crease all folds.

3. Now, fold all the corners into the center.

4. Next, fold each corner to the opposite side at the crease you just made.
5. Fold each corner in to meet the nearest crease to that corner. Now you see the grid system. This will help us fold the box.

6. This part is a little bit tricky. We need to take the first complete square on each side and fold it diagonally. Hopefully the images will help.
7. Fold up the sides 90 degrees. The small triangles will lay on the bottom of the box.

8. Fold up and in the opposite sides. This is where the small diagonal folds we did in step 6 come in handy.

9. After folding both sides, you're done!

If you want to make boxes with lids. Just make another one using paper that is 1/4" smaller. I added very special touches by adding colored paper inside the box and adding colored strips of paper on the lids. Try it out and let me know how it goes. Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment